1/21/2005

Oh look at the time!

*It was a long day, but not as bad as I'd expected. Just draggy. Tomorrow is also stocked full of goodies, then over the weekend my whole area is primed for a pounding with snow and ice and maybe polar bears dropping from the sky on parachutes. I'm gonna hibernate. I have enough food for it...

*So anyone out there lay out the long green for the new "The Punisher" game? I think there's PC and PS2 and Xbox versions out. The reviews seem to be running from good to middling, but I've been hearing great things about the game's feel; it's written by Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti, and supposedly feels mainly like a "Punisher MAX" arc that you can play. There's also been a bit of concern about violent content; the game sometimes shifts "Kill Bill" style into b&w during the goopier sequences.

So how well does it play? Does it live up to the glorious possibilities of of wandering around as a corporate superhero character in a Garth Ennis universe? Are the shootings satisfactory? I hear there's torture. Maybe that'll become the hot new option in gaming and it'll show up in the next Super Mario game...