4/04/2007

No Time 4 Update

*Sorry, I really have to run today. Nothing out of this week's comics struck me too hard, although I was totally unable to find a copy of Madman Atomic Comics #1. Oh, and The Midnighter #6 is possibly worth mentioning as Garth Ennis' very odd attempt at writing some type of shōnen-ai (or maybe everyone's a bit old - senien-ai?) story of romanticized (if sexually non-explicit) attraction between samurai, complete with Apollo acting as some type of bishōnen beautiful boy archetype. Or does even the acknowledgement of sex turn it into something else? I'm not up on the style. Anyway, the story's actually really overwrought and kind of awful, and takes the questionable path of plastering modern notions of homosexuality all over a different culture from a very different age, but it was odd enough to catch my attention...