Well, look what the cat dragged in.

*I'll admit it, readers - I was lost. I didn't think I had it in me to return to my comic book column over at the other site. Truthfully, I was ready to pack it in. Move to the woods, live the sweet life of stealing honey and gnawing on bark. The real life.

But then, I got a very special letter in the mail from eight-year old Becky out in the breadbasket of our nation (provided we live in the US). I'd like to share it with you.


Dear Jog,

How are you doing? I'm doing good now! I wasn't doing too good yesterday, because poppy and mommy didn't have money to feed me, and I was dressed in a potato sack with potatoes still in it and the potatoes were too hard to eat. I had no friends and I was really sad. But then I read your thrilling exegesis on Batman: The Cult and my dolly came to life and started dancing, and poppy started puking Sacajawea dollars instead of Hennessy! Now everything is great. I love you.

Little Becky


Well, this one's for you, lil' soldier: the life and times of Hideshi Hino, master of manga horror. Dance with your dolly. Dance.