2/24/2008

Well, look what the cat dragged in.

*I'll admit it, readers - I was lost. I didn't think I had it in me to return to my comic book column over at the other site. Truthfully, I was ready to pack it in. Move to the woods, live the sweet life of stealing honey and gnawing on bark. The real life.

But then, I got a very special letter in the mail from eight-year old Becky out in the breadbasket of our nation (provided we live in the US). I'd like to share it with you.

***

Dear Jog,

How are you doing? I'm doing good now! I wasn't doing too good yesterday, because poppy and mommy didn't have money to feed me, and I was dressed in a potato sack with potatoes still in it and the potatoes were too hard to eat. I had no friends and I was really sad. But then I read your thrilling exegesis on Batman: The Cult and my dolly came to life and started dancing, and poppy started puking Sacajawea dollars instead of Hennessy! Now everything is great. I love you.

Best,
Little Becky

***

Well, this one's for you, lil' soldier: the life and times of Hideshi Hino, master of manga horror. Dance with your dolly. Dance.

Labels: