9/17/2005

All I have are questions...

*Ok, Monday will finally see the posting of that goddamned Howard Chaykin Time2 overview I’ve been talking about for months now; it’ll be a Chaykintastic start to the week. Basically, I started to notice certain similarities cropping up in Chaykin’s recent City of Tomorrow! miniseries, so I decided to hold off on everything until the latter work was done, so it could be considered as well.

In other Chaykin news, I happened to pick up a slightly battered softcover copy of the 1989 Marvel Graphic Novel, Wolverine/Nick Fury: The Scorpio Connection (though the legal indicia quite fascinatingly omits Wolverine’s name from the title). Chaykin handles the art, with Archie Goodwin tackling the script. It caught my eye because though Chaykin’s written a lot of stuff he didn’t draw, I don’t believe he did a lot of non-scripting art jobs after American Flagg!; the only other piece I can think of is his story in Tom Strong #19, which was written by Alan Moore. Am I missing anything? It’s weird enough seeing Chaykin drawing Marvel superheroes.

*Unsolicited Delights Dept: A mystery entity by the name of ‘Film Cauldron’ has elected to post a relatively lengthy, quite positive review of Terry Gilliam’s Tideland to the comments section attached to my own Tideland roundup (as well as another Tideland-related webpage I happened to notice). It’s well-spoken material, and I’d hate for it to get lost, so go check it out. This isn’t the first time an unknown figure has dropped off some interesting stuff at this site…

*Yeah, that’s it. I’ll have a bunch of reviews up tomorrow, including the one I was working on for today before I got interrupted, editor Ed Brisson’s ambitious, inexpensive anthology tome, You Ain’t No Dancer #1. Blogger's been acting up, so hopefully this thing is actually posted before midnight EST, though I can't promise it.