6/13/2005

A multiplicity of starts.

*Oh look, my life just rearranged itself. I even have a brand-new offline job. Therefore, it looks pretty certain that this site will only update after 6:00 PM (EST) on weekdays. In case you want to tailor your personal schedules around me (and why not!). Weekend updates will be whenever. The seven-days-a-week pace will continue unabated. Which means there'll still be much to link to in future editions of

LAST WEEK'S REVIEWS!

Concrete: The Human Dilemma #6 (of 6)

The Punisher MAX #22, Frank Miller’s Robocop #8 (of 9)

Tom Strong #33

Spawn/WildC.A.T.S #1-4 (of 4), Fire From Heaven #1-2, WildC.A.T.S #29-30 (all by Alan Moore, demonstrating that even Babe Ruth struck out thrice)

And speaking of new beginnings...

*What the fuck is this?

Who are they interviewing?

Why is this contest so big?

Who are all these people?

What a motley bunch.

I LOVE THEM ANYWAY. THAT IS ALL.

*God, what a huge week for comics. New Scott Pilgrim, new Jeff Brown, another Joe Sacco collection, the last issue of Vimanarama, reprints of Cocaine Comix... hope you've all got money. I'll need to get into all of this a lot more tomorrow, but right now a spider is crawling around on my arm and I just got rid of him but I can still feel his ticklish presence. This requires my full attention. Be back tomorrow.

*Completely Random Update to Yesterday's Post:

In his current q&a over at Millarworld, Warren Ellis (essentially) credits Fire From Heaven with sparking up his friendship with Alan Moore. So a bit of sun shines through after all.

Ellis dubs the crossover itself (along with its elder brother Wildstorm Rising) as "hideous." He's right on one count, and probably the other.